A full service for your Bird of Prey, dressing with Anklets, Jesses, Coping and Mite treatment.
Feathers and Fur Falconry Centre has 15 years of experience working with birds including Hawks, Owls, Falcons and Eagles and is able to offer a dressing and coping service for your bird.
Whether you are looking to buy your first bird, have bought your bird or are coming out of moult we can fully dress your bird (Hawk / Owl / Falcon / Eagle) with handmade Kangaroo or Calf anklets and Jesses made to fit your bird perfectly.
Coming out of moult or just half way through the year your birds beak may need a trim, known as Coping. If inexperienced you may hit the quick and cause your bird great pain and discomfort. Feathers and Fur will cast your bird and quickly and stress free cope the bill back into shape.
- Pair of Anklets, hand-made to fit individual birds (not 'species' as is found on most online shops - in our experience these never fit well and can cause rubbing and sores)
- Pair of hand-made flying Jesses (these can be permanently fitted if you would like)
- Pair of hand-made mews Jesses
- Bewit strap (need to supply your own bell)
- Full top and bottom beak trim and file and shape
- Talon trim and foot inspection
- Mite treatment, can also offer advice and 'how to' for worm treatment and testing
Visit and tour the centre and if you have any questions or worries about your set up we can have a proper chat over a cup of tea!
This service is by appointment only please call or email to arrange a time. It is very important that your bird is not fed before your appointment.